The Hi-Life

The End of the Year

According to 2018 Students

Ashley Wilkinson, Editor

It’s the time of the year for seniors to start fretting about the freshman 15, for juniors to start planning their rise to seniority power, for sophomores to scamper away from their slump and for freshmen to fish their way out of their rite of passage year. Undoubtedly, end of the year jitters are beginning to blossom in each student at the end of this semester.

For seniors, graduating is a matter of new freedom. “It [graduation] is definitely bittersweet,” senior Emma Jackson said. “I’ll miss some people, without a doubt, but finally, freedom.” Stepping out of a small town for a college education bring many new experiences without the usual restrictions.

For juniors, becoming a senior is like a dream come true. “I’m ready to be a senior,” junior Brittany Dorsey said. “I’m ready to graduate and leave Henderson.” Moving up to the senior rank is just a step further to pursuing a worthwhile career and living a dream.

For sophomores, next year is another to add on to their high school memories. “There’s going to be a lot more work to put forth into our graduation,” sophomore Hailea Lopez said. “But our struggles and our victories during those remaining years will be memorable.” Without question, future proms, homecomings and football games will be unforgettable.

For freshmen, the excitement is centered around the infamous sophomore slump. “Sophomore year will be nice because I know where all my classes are,” freshman Macy Watson said. “I’ll also have an idea of what my teachers are like and how the school runs.” Already knowing about student life gives a huge leg up in the long run.

As students come and go, Henderson High School student culture is always evolving. With this stated, incoming freshman play a huge role in the next era of student life. The end of the school year is a time to reflect on what was and appreciate what will be.