The Hi-Life

Get Ready to Bawl

A Review and Guide to Marvel’s Avengers: Infinity War

Riley Foster and Mia Hay, Editor

So unless you’ve been living under a large, dark, soundproof rock, you have probably seen or at least heard of Avengers: Infinity War. I am here to dispel any rumors, squash your hopes and dreams and remind you that spoilers are not tolerated.

My first announcement goes out to those who have already seen Infinity War. Hush. Although I am in agreement that the best time to see the movie is as soon as humanly possible to avoid spoilers, we must not prey on the unfortunate souls who did not get around to the densely-packed, nerd-filled theatres within the first week of the movie’s run. I understand that in your eagerness to share the knowledge that you have acquired, Eve did the same thing in the Garden of Eden, and look where we are now. Don’t spoil. Speak in hushed tones with your friends who have seen the light that is Avengers: Infinity War. Don’t ruin someone else’s experience because you cannot contain your own.

I would also like to inform you that while any rumors you may have heard might be true, it is still important to go into the movie with an open mind. I will tell you, though, that it is dramatic. It is painful. You will need tissues. But it is also funny. It is clever. There are too many references to count. And on that note, educate yourself before you arrive in your local theatre. There are several Marvel Cinematic Universe movies that you absolutely must see before viewing Infinity War. They happen to include Captain America :The First Avenger, Captain America: Winter Soldier, Captain America: Civil War, The Avengers: Age of Ultron, Thor Ragnarok, Spiderman Homecoming, and Black Panther. That, my friends, is the shortened list. Basically if you want to have any clue who Bucky is and why Vision’s glowing head pebble is important, watch all of these in a rapid succession.

And the final and most important piece of the puzzle, sit back and enjoy the movie. It is a bit heartbreaking and awful at times but it’s still absolutely amazing and incredibly enjoyable. So pack your tissues, bring your favorite crying buddy and here is the Marvel phone number for when you have some… complaints to file. Happy Viewing!!! 212-576-4000