The Hi-Life

An Article by Someone Not Entirely Qualified to Write This Article

How to Grow Out Your Hair

Mia Hay, Editor

As your local short-haired, follicly-conscious journalist, I will be your guide to growing your hair out to be long and healthy… even though my hair is the exact opposite of long.

1. Avocados, The End All and Be All of Hair Health — Consumption of avocados, utilization of avocado oil shampoo and scrubbing with crushed avocado seeds are wonderful for growing long and luscious hair because avocados are rich in biotin, which reacts with cell enzymes to produce keratin proteins – what your hair is made of. Other biotin rich foods include tree nuts, egg yolk and salmon.
  2. Cryotherapy — I’m just kidding… sort of. Taking cold showers is incredibly beneficial for your hair follicles because unlike hot water, which actually strips the hair of some necessary moisture, cold water closes the cuticles, locking in the oils you need for hair growth. Most normal people do not, however, enjoy cold showers, so a simple blast of cold water at the end of a warm shower will suffice for your hair-growing purposes.
  3. Speaking of Losing the Heating, Style Cooler — Again, excessive heat is very damaging to hair health, which in turn inhibits hair growth. Chill out on curling, straightening and high-heat blow drying, and you’ll reap the benefits. If you simply cannot go without a heat-based style option, make sure you properly moisturize your hair, leading me to my next point.
  4. Argan Oil — It’s easy to find in readily made shampoos and conditioners. It’s in hair masks. It’s brilliant for most types of hair. Argan oil is an incredibly moisturizing lipid from the kernels of the argan tree, native to Morocco. Other oils that are fabulous for hair growth are the aforementioned avocado oil and coconut oil.
  5. Eat Right — Maintaining a healthy and diverse palate with plenty of water can change absolutely everything about your body, including but not limited to hair growth. Leafy greens like spinach and fruits like citruses are some of the many examples of healthy hair-boosting foods.
  6. Groom Yourself — Our final point is probably the most important. Find a hairstylist who you like and trust with your hair. Be frank and honest with him or her about your hair. Go in for a trim as they see fit and as fits with your schedule.

All in all, growing your hair out is an investment of time and energy. I admire anyone who decides that they want to sport long hair. I will, however, never pursue it. I enjoy my 3-step routine of short, easy hair. But let your hair make a statement about who you are. Make it a good statement, and be yourself.

1 Comment

One Response to “An Article by Someone Not Entirely Qualified to Write This Article”

1. Miss Jean on February 9th, 2018 9:42 pm

You go girl! This was a magazine worthy article as any . Light wit and very informative. I’ll pass the info. onto to my 3 long haired/need repair girls. Keep up the good work Mia…I’m off to buy some avocados !

[Reply]

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• An Article by Someone Not Entirely Qualified to Write This Article

Health

Summer Bummers

Health

The First Two Letters of the Alphabet Have Never Been Less Fun

Health

The Keto Sweep

Health

The Hazards of Sleeping With Phones

Health

A Painkiller Epidemic

Health

Stop Complaining!

Features

SCRUB IN, DOCTOR

• Health

Stress Kills

• Health

Alleviate headaches naturally

Student Life

The End of the Year

The student news site of Henderson High School