The Hi-Life

The Residential Math Whiz

A Feature on Math Teacher Ronny Grandgeorge

Riley Foster, Editor

The classroom buzzes slightly with the sound of twenty-odd students chattering about last night’s homework. The teacher leans back in his chair before standing and walking to his podium. “Notes and something to write with” he says, pulling a book onto his podium and flipping to the correct page. He grabs the pen that corresponds to his smart board and writes out notes for the students to copy. It’s just another day at Henderson High.

Ronny Grandgeorge, a 13 year teacher at Henderson High School, specializes in just about any math subject you can think of.

“I decided to enter the teaching profession during my freshman year of college,” Grandgeorge said. “During my teenage years, I felt that God had called me to make an impact on student’s lives.  I originally thought I was supposed to be a youth minister but after much prayer and reflection, God showed me that teaching was the calling on my life.”

Grandgeorge was born in Lufkin but grew up in Henderson.

“Henderson has always been home,” Grandgeorge said. “I made the decision to stay in Henderson because I am committed to the idea of family and giving back to the community that impacted me.”

He began teaching in August 2004. When asked what he would do if he weren’t teaching, he gave a response very true to himself.

“I am asked this question all the time and I can never really give a complete answer,” Grandgeorge said. “I could see myself owning my own business doing some sort of construction work or possibly working full time in a non-profit organization that has a focus of impacting teenagers.”

Grandgeorge, much like myself, was inspired as a teenager by his teachers that later had the chance to become his mentors.

“I had the opportunity to work alongside the teachers I had as a student,” Grandgeorge said. “They showed me how to be a professional in every aspect of teaching.”

Everyone has something that motivates them to get through the day, for Grandgeorge, it happens to be his faith.

“My motivation comes from wanting to answer the call God placed on my life,” Grandgeorge said. “I want to stand before Him one day and hear, ‘Well done, thy good and faithful servant.’”

So thanks for a wonderful 13 years Grandgeorge, and I believe I speak for everyone when I wish you a great many more.

1 Comment

One Response to “The Residential Math Whiz”

1. Delores Coffelt Kirkpatrick on December 17th, 2017 2:21 pm

Congratulations Ronny! I am happy to know that math genes were given to you. As one of your second couisins, I was not as lucky.😊

[Reply]

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• The Residential Math Whiz

Entertainment

Nothing Fishy Here

• The Residential Math Whiz

Features

Grand Finale

• The Residential Math Whiz

Features

Teacher Feature

• The Residential Math Whiz

Features

Rains’ Reign Comes to an End

• The Residential Math Whiz

Features

Feature Teacher

• The Residential Math Whiz

Features

Feature Teacher

• The Residential Math Whiz

Features

Feature Teacher

• The Residential Math Whiz

Features

Powered by Purple

• The Residential Math Whiz

Features

SCRUB IN, DOCTOR

• The Residential Math Whiz

Features

Headed Straight To The Castle

The student news site of Henderson High School
The Residential Math Whiz