Most high school students have gone through some type of stress at least once in their lives whether it has come from school, a job, your family, your friends, or anything else. Stress is a mental or emotional strain on a person due to their circumstances, and it is easy to say most everyone has been stressed out before. Here are some tips to help deal with your stress.
- Exercising – for some people going to the gym is a huge stress reliever while for others simple things like yoga or breathing exercises are most helpful for them.
- Food- while you may be tempted to go to a comfort food while you are stressed, here are some better and healthier options that have been proven to decreases stress in your body: dark chocolate, warm tea, nuts, oatmeal, blueberries, other fruits, and salmon.
- Music- Music is a great way to relieve stress. Find a quiet place, close your eyes, turn off the lights, and put some of this on: Oceans by Hillsong, Sunset Lover by Petit Biscuit, Mellomaniac by DJ Shah, piano music, and any others songs you have already found. (Country music is always good.)
- Stop Procrastinating- Of course if there is something you are stressed about the only way to help solve the problem is to just face it. You will feel so much better once you just get it over with and do not have to worry about it anymore.
- Find a friend- Sometimes the best way to help relieve stress is to tell someone else about it and get comfort from a friend.
- Sleep on it- Sleeping helps everything. Make sure you are getting sleep every night as hard as it might be with everything going on in your life. Naps can help too if you have the time.
- Read- Reading a good book or anything of interest to you may help.
- Breathing exercises- Focus on your breathing, just relax and take some deep breaths. Plus this is something that you can do at home and spend lots of time on, or wherever you are, even if it is just for a quick minute.
- Change your perspective- Hopefully whatever is stressing you out is a temporary thing. Just look at the bigger picture and know this isn’t the end of the world and that you can get through whatever it is! Don’t spend all of your time focused on one part of your life when there is so much more to enjoy!
Hopefully these tips can help you to relieve stress and help you find new and others ways to do the same things.